Tuesday, November 14, 2006


New Young Adult Series On My Radar

Just read the first book of Joseph Delaney's Last Apprentice series. Set in the English villages of three or four hundred years ago, the books tell the stories of a young boy named Thomas Ward who has become the apprentice of the Spook -- the man responsible for chasing away ghosts and binding boggarts and witches in earthen prisons lined with salt and iron.

This isn't Harry Potter, folks. Delaney spins a mean tale that had me glancing over my shoulder while reading more than a few times. Kids who scare easily shouldn't read these because they've got a touch of Stephen King lurking in the tales, but adults can enjoy them too.

A short review is up at Amazon.com. Remember to vote for me! Longer reviews are posted at www.bookhound.wordpress.com and at www.blogcritics.org.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I've been looking at these everytime I go to Target. They always have them there. I'll have to pick this one up now.