Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Elvira, Mistress of the Dark




I have to admit that I'm a big fan of B-horror movies that are so bad you laugh till you cry.  I love the campiness and the weak special effects, the cardboard characters and the cheesy dialogue.  There's just something about those movies that get me every time.

Of course, I also love a good horror flick that leaves you with your hair on end and checking your bed and closet before you lay down.

Cassandra Petersen is another love.  She played Elvira, Mistress of the Dark, and was hostess to a lot of B-horror movies.  She had an acerbic wit, cutting commentary that was dead on and didn't pull any punches or talk down to her fans, and she is gorgeous to look at.

I just found out she's going to be hosting again, and I'm really looking forward to that as well.  She's gonna be on the THIS! Television channel starting September 25th.

One of the things I always intended to get but never did was one of those Elvira stand-up posters for Coors Light.  I wonder if they're still around...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have one of those Coors stand-ups, signed by the Mistress of the Dark herself. She had to stand up and bend over the table to sign it, and she said, "There are guys who've been hanging around here all day waiting to see me do this."

Mel Odom said...

That's great! And I'm envious!