Thursday, July 29, 2010


I can't wait for this new comic and for the new movie coming next year.  John Carter remains one of my dearest and most cherished heroes.  He was a warrior and an honorable man who was totally confounded by women.  I loved these books and lately read the first one to Chandler, my twelve year old, and he totally got the whole thing.

One of the most memorable lines in the book is when Dejah Thoris tells John Carter that she can't tell where his heart truly lies, and he tells her, "There at your feet where it has lain since the day I laid eyes upon you."  Or words to that effect.

My wife was lying in bed with us while I was reading to Chandler.  She made fun of both of us.  Girls!






2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my goodness my hubby has your ummm appreciation for comics too...I so did not think there was another male on the planet....you have proved me wrong!

Mel Odom said...

Glad I could help. :-)