Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I Love This Art!


Max Allan Collins is a favorite author of mine, and I love Glen Orbik's painted covers.  This one offers the best of both worlds, and comics legend Terry Beatty's illustrated pages inside as well.

Of course, the book concerns itself with the 1950s witch hunt that went on through comics during that time and ultimately resulted in the Comics Code Authority, which publishers freely adopted, to protect young readers.  The CCA has gone by the wayside these days because most of today's comics crowd tends to be much older.

Colins has always been adept at combining real history in his mystery capers, and this one looks like it's going to be informative and entertaining in its treatment of the subject material.

Read a section here.

1 comment:

Penelopecat said...

I love the art as well. And I really enjoyed the first two books in the series, so I'm glad we get a new installment.