Monday, June 09, 2008


Book Expo in Los Angeles Rocked!


This was my first BEA and I had a blast seeing everything. The opening hallway was filled with massive banners advertising new and upcoming releases. I can't wait for the new Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney.



Had to have a shot of the Nickelodeon banner for my kid.



And one of the anime stuff.



And here's one a lot of people are waiting for.



Booth babes! Only a few, though.



I spent most of my time with the Harlequin crew.



A lot of people came through that area, all of them picking up the free books that were given away.



Meetings between PR and editorial constantly went on.





Diane Moggy, one of Harlequin's top execs, stayed right in the trenches. I wish I had some pictures of her helping me sign. I busted her up several times by going beyond the call of duty and attracting people to our table. Put me in front of a group and the shyness goes away. For a while.



Farah is one of my faves. I met her at last year's Comic Con in San Diego.



Independent publisher Ellora's Cave rolling claim to fame. Now this is a sales promo that just can't escape notice!



I found this wonderful woman walking around in costume. She's a character from Scooter McDoogal.



So I had to have my picture take with her.

All in all, I had a blast signing books, seeing people, and meeting people. The BEA is going to be in New York next year. I've never been there so I'm really looking forward to it. If you ever get the chance to go to one, you should go. There was a LOT to see. It was one of the best conventions I've been to in a long time.

No comments: