Friday, August 13, 2010

BioShock Infinite

I have really enjoyed the BioShock franchise in video games so far.  When it comes to really well developed worlds and chilling enemies, the two BioShock games are at the top of my personal fright list.  Alan Wake currently holds the number one title.

The undersea city of Rapture has just been a blast to explore and fight my way through.  There's something about the 1950s atmosphere of those games that resonates for me.  Probably it ties back to my early roots in reading science fiction.  The possibilities within the game are enormous.


Now there's a third game in development, and it promises to be just as weird and involving.  Columbia is a floating city in the year 1900.  Yep, this looks like true steampunk adventure has made its way into the video games.



You get to play a disgraced Pinkerton agent named Booker DeWitt, which sounds like a lot of fun as well.

For more information, go here.

2 comments:

Heather E. said...

I absolutely cannot wait to play this game. The first Bioshock hooked me. I don't think I left my computer room until I'd finished it.

Mel Odom said...

And why aren't you writing? Instead of goofing around on the Internet. :-)