Sunday, June 25, 2006


Blade the Vampire Hunter

Since I grew up reading the Tomb of Dracula comics that Blade debuted in (with wooden throwing knives, not the arsenal he currently carries) and because I wrote the novelization of the first movie, I had to admit to being predisposed to SpikeTV's new summer series debuting Wednesday, June 28th at 9 central time. (You'll have to do the math on your own time zones.)

More than that, one of my good friends Sterling Gates moved out to La-La land in January (at the tender age of 23) after finishing up college and landed a job working on the series. Not only that, but the guys he's working with are David Goyer and Geoff Johns, two of the hottest comic book and movie writers around.

Sterling, just so you know and for the record, I'm proud of you. Not many people take the chance to go far and make a dream happen. You're one of the people I tell people about.

The series is supposed to last 13 episodes or so, and promises to be a kickbutt action event. I plan to be in front of the bigscreen with a big bowl of popcorn and my eight-year-old at my side. I love testosterone-driven TV when it's done right.

No comments: