Sunday, November 18, 2007




One of My Favorite Movies

Julia Roberts gave an Academy Award winning performance in this movie, and it's one of my favorite movies. Maybe that's because I was a single parent with four kids for two and half years and those were hard years. The story, and Roberts, are so genuine and real and innocent, that I can't help cheering every time I see it.

People who know me also know that generally I go for the cop/action shows. I love choreographed fight scenes, lots of big guns, and car chases. Live Free or Die Hard comes out Tuesday, and I'm looking forward to getting my John McLane mac on again next week.

But Erin's story, and it was real because I've read about that too, is all about making a difference, rising above your station in life to assume a responsibility no one in their right might would shoulder, learning more about yourself than you ever thought you could, and sticking it to the powers-that-be and breaking it off.

Now that's the stuff dreams are made of! I don't know how many times I've seen this movie, but it's out on HD DVD now as well as DVD. This movie belongs on the home entertainment shelves. And if you haven't seen it -- do so.

No comments: