Tuesday, October 30, 2007



New Way To Meet Authors!


I'd heard about this online site but hadn't given it much attention. Then, in the newsletter I get from Bantam/Dell at the beginning of every month, I noticed an article about authors meeting fans at Second Life (www.secondlife.com) and answering questions about upcoming books.

Personally, I think it's a really cool idea. Lately, George R. R. Martin (A Song of Ice and Fire something-ology -- no one knows for sure how many books there will be) and Diana Gabaldon (The Voyager series) put in appearances there.

For more info: http://www.randomhouse.com/bantamdell/index.html

The problem I see is that authors habitually find distractions in life that keep them from staying at their writing. Second Life has got to be one of the largest distractions ever invented. So far, I've managed to resist going there.

But now I know there are homes for writers on the islands!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I saw something about this on tv the other day. I don't understand it but then I'm not in to the sims or any of that other stuff. I don't know. I guess it could be fun... just not all the time.