Friday, October 05, 2007

Sitemeter

In life, you teach so that you may be taught. One of my writing students, Katie (www.katiesreading.blogspot.com), told me about Sitemeter, the nifty little tracking device you see in the upper right corner of this page. It's (at this point) free in a stripped-down version.

I downloaded it Wednesday night but neglected to follow instructions (my ADHD demands an easy interface to new stuff -- and I don't want an interface between me and using stuff anyway). My wife reads instructions on things we need to assemble because I just don't have the patience. She's wonderful.

However, to give credit where credit is due, I'm very intuitive about most things I deal with (and yes, there are some that I don't deal with, and others that I don't deal with well). I can envision projects, figure out how they work, and assemble them most of the time with a better working knowledge of them than many people. Case in point, I've been able to fix things that my wife has read the instruction manual over and can't fix because the instruction manual doesn't give you that information.

Anyway, I downloaded the sitemeter and now have it working. I know you're out there. I see you peeking in on my blog. I even know what part of the country you're from, and if you're international.

Sitemeter almost gives me Santa Claus power. Almost as good as a magic snowball. I can even tell if you've been naughty or nice. (Actually I can't, but I figure it's worth scaring you with!)

What I'd like to know, since you're lurking out there anyway, is what you'd like me to write more about. I cover television, books, and movies. But I've got friends who want me to write more about what I do in everyday life (I think I'm boring, then I realize I've got some unique insights and experiences, then I figure that nobody wants to hear them anyway).

So, you're gonna peek, speak. Lemme know.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Writing stuff would always be good. but I enjoy reading everything you post anyway, your usually reading something I haven't found yet... so that's always good. and thanks for the mention. i love my little sitmeter thing, it is just soo cool!!!

Rebus said...

I liked your site. I used some of your book cover and TV logo scans in my English class. Thanks. But I could not find Sitemeter - but I guess that's Win 2000 and a ten year old PC for you...want to talk more?