Wednesday, January 23, 2008



Like To Draw Spaceships?

I just found out NASA is giving away (they call it funding) $175 million to the winner of the Commercial Orbital Transportation Services program. The design (fancy word for drawing) is for the privately owned space program that's being launched (okay, I should be ashamed). Shades of Robert A. Heinlein and Ben Bova! That's what those two SF writers spent considerable time writing about.

Back in the 1960s, I was a child of the space race. My friends and I used to design spaceships that would take you to every part of the universe. Got in trouble for drawing them in class too.

But I coulda had 175 million bucks...



In other space news today, the USAF denies reports that the Air Force pursued UFOs over Ft. Worth, Texas.

Hmmmm, it took them two weeks to get around to admitting that. Where is Fox Mulder?



And in still other news: my ten year old Chandler seems to be as pun-loving and twist-loving as his father. I took him, my 18 year old, and my wife to dinner at Santa Fe Steakhouse tonight.

Chandler started in on the bucket of peanuts, then asked his brother why peanuts were like mysteries. (Chandler likes Scooby Doo.)

Shiloh said he didn't know how peanuts were like mysteries.

Chandler said because you have to crack them both.

Arrrrggggghhhhh!

1 comment:

T.C. Robson said...

That peanut pun is cute! :D