Thursday, January 10, 2008


Now This Is Hardcore Momism!


Found this on MSN.com news this morning.

"OLDS 1999 Intrigue. Totally uncool parents who obviously don't love teenage son, selling his car. Only driven for three weeks before snoopy mom who needs to get a life found booze under front seat. $3,700/offer. Call meanest mom on the planet."


I have to agree with her, though. She's selling the car, which means that she and her husband probably bought the thing. I made a deal with my kids: when they saved up $2000, I'd give them $2000 to go pay cash for a good used vehicle we agreed on. Out of the four children I've had who've reached driving age (I still have a 10 year old), only one of them has done that.


Parents forget what kind of responsibility they're giving kids when they provide them with a car. Not only can they kill themselves, but they can also kill other people's kids who are in the car with them -- and other people on the road.


This was a tough call, though. I'm glad I never had to make it, but I'm hoping that I would have had the compassion and discipline to do it.

1 comment:

T.C. Robson said...

Well...what did he expect with booze under the seat? I definitely don't blame the mom. If he can't responsibly drive, then he shouldn't drive at all. And that more than assists in that venture.

By the way, I got Realms of War today. I'm starting it tonight! Many, many thanks! I'm looking forward to it!