Tuesday, March 23, 2010


Facebook

Okay, I admit that I'm lax in doing the whole Facebook thing.  I just don't have the time to play the games, and checking through people's shout-outs every day doesn't have the same appeal as sitting down with them over lunch and having them tell me their adventures.  I like really talking to people, not just doing the crib note check over Facebook stuff.

That's where this picture of Richard Dreyfuss and me is.  It's kind of cool, and it was funny because my son Shiloh was with me and didn't know who he was.  Now he does, and he's sad he didn't get to talk more to him.

Anyway, I was cutting and pasting students' photos into my Outlook account so they'll show up on my phone when they call.  I'm getting older and I don't like having to guess who's on the other end.  After all, I've got five kids and the fourth grandbaby is on the way.  I'm not going to admit to being old, but that's a lot of people to keep up with.

As I was picking out pictures, I looked through some of their photos (really don't have enough time to look through all of them), but I did notice how these kids I know as college students seem to grow up as I flipped through the pics.

In my house, the kids usually have to take down their pictures on the wall to fumble back through the school pictures.  But today's kids just have to flip back through Facebook.  It's kind of cool, and I wish we'd had access to this kind of technology when I was a kid.  I've lost contact with a lot of people over the years, and I would have loved to have pictures of some of the stuff we did.

So for all you young sprouts, keep taking pictures.  One day your past will only be a click away, and I think that will really be cool.

No comments: