Tuesday, June 21, 2011

100 Bullets Becoming A Showtime Series


Showtime is now developing a television series based on Brian Azzarello and Eduardo Risso's excellent comic book series about a government agent that delivers an untraceable pistol and 100 bullets (which is where the title comes from) that will give anyone the power to get revenge or commit murder and get away with it.

I really enjoyed the early years of the comic.  You never knew what you were going to get, or who was really doing what to who.  The characters were neat and I liked the moral complexity a lot.

Then, later, things got complicated by secret organizations that made keeping up with the monthly title almost impossible for me.  I just couldn't keep track.

The series was so popular that it almost spawned a video game in 2004 and is currently back in development with a new publisher.


I always equated the early issues of the series as "Fantasy Island with lots and lots of guns."  I hope the Showtime series sticks with that without delving too deeply into the grander mythos of the comics.  At least for a while.

No comments: