Friday, June 17, 2011

Tom Hanks Will Play Major Matt Mason In New Film


I loved the whole Major Matt Mason thing when I was growing up in the 1960s.  Space was right there, just within our reach, and we were going to the moon.  Only it turned out we didn't do anything really after we got there.

There were none of the living quarters on the moon that I expected.  But Major Matt Mason had a cool space lab.  I always wanted the space lab, but it was just too expensive.


However, I did get the Major Matt Mason with the jet pack.  That was cool.  These weren't action figures the way kids today think of them.  They were "bendies," rubberized bodies over wire frames, and they ended up not being as durable as they should have been.  Mine broke pretty quickly.  I had little brothers.


And now I just found out that Tom Hanks is supposed to be making a movie starring as Major Matt Mason.  How cool is that?






No comments: