Friday, January 21, 2011

Joe Lansdale


Joe Lansdale is an East Texas writer with an imagination beyond belief, and he's a friend.  I got to meet Joe the first time back in 1992 and have read many of his books.  I love his crime stuff, and I think most mystery readers will, but they're edgy and sarcastic and guilty pleasures.







He's going to be one of the writers for the new Muholland Books imprint from Little, Brown and Company.  Today he released a guest post on that blog that I enjoyed immensely.  Joe and I both come from small-town and modest roots, so we can lock into each other's stories with a word or a look because we've both been there.

Go.  Enjoy.  Pick up one of Joe's books if you've a mind to.  The Hap and Leonard blue collar detective/suspense novels are my favorites, but he's done some award-winning writing all the way around.

One of his latest efforts is "Dread Island," a novella in Classics Mutilated that gives a Cthulu twist to Huck Finn.






And I'm eagerly awaiting the new Hap and Leonard novel coming out in March.


No comments: